Manchester Crematorium are currently seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Manager to maintain the existing high standards and reputation of the oldest privately managed Crematorium in the North of England.
Your job purpose would be to provide management & strong leadership for all aspects for the running of the Crematorium, its staff and site operations, ensuring that Company policies and procedures and operating instructions are up to date and in compliance with current legislation.
The successful applicant will report to the Chairman and regularly attend Board meetings to ensure that the company operates in line with their strategic direction.
- Promote a site culture that reflects the Company values and encourages good performance.
- To oversee the cremation procedures and operation of the Horticultural team to ensure that the grounds, gardens, buildings and memorials are maintained to the highest standards.
- To develop new ideas and monitor strategies and initiatives allied to Board requirements to increase profitability and to ensure the long term viability of the Company.
- To ensure that all records, where appropriate, are stored in digital format and comply with the Cremation Code of Practice, Data Protection and Environmental Protection Acts.
You will have:
- Considerable bereavement service experience and a compassionate attitude to ensure customer satisfaction and delivery of quality services to both the general public, funeral directors and the University School of Anatomy.
- Experience and knowledge of finance systems, budget and expenditure controls and ability to establish a close working relationship with the Company’s accountants.
- Working familiarity with Excel and Word computer programmes.
- Ability and experience in managing staff and organising staff training to ensure that there are sufficient trained staff to meet anticipated future requirements and eventualities.
This is a full time permanent position.
Applications should be submitted via email with current CV to:-
Mr Simon Piggott, Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd May 2019.