FBCA Introduces Digital Invoices
The Federation are continuing its dedication to the environment by reducing the amount of paper we use through invoicing.
In this respect, and to minimise costs, invoices will be sent electronically from now on.
We seek to deliver a range of services for our members, many of which are included in the annual subscription. Including:
- Crematorium Compliance Inspections, an onsite visit to provide support and advice to the Manager and the Cremation Authority. Over 70 crematoria are visited each year with each manager receiving a detailed report. This service is included in your annual subscription and can be booked at [email protected] free of charge.
- TEST Training scheme, 178 candidates entered the scheme in 2022 enabling operators to be trained at their own place of work in accordance with the requirements of the Defra Process Guidance notes. For further information contact [email protected]
- The Register of Certified Cremator Technicians was established, on 1st January 2023 allowing all FBCA-certified technicians to register their qualification status with CPD provision for current certificate holders.
- Baby Training, the Federation has an online training course detailing the importance of recovering ashes from the cremation of babies. Unlimited access to the unit is included within your subscription and can be booked free of charge, contact [email protected]
- Environmental Awareness Report, is a report providing an insight into the environmental impact of your facilities compared with the national picture. This service is included in your annual subscription and can be booked at [email protected] free of charge.
- Resurgam, is the quarterly printed journal produced by the Federation which can also be accessed online. It includes articles on all aspects of our profession and a subscription is included as part of your membership. If you should require any details contact [email protected]
- Environmental Awareness Seminars, following the delivery of a successful environmental awareness event in Scotland in 2022, further dates will be rolled out across the UK in 2023. Attendance is included in your annual subscription and can be booked at [email protected]
- All Party Parliamentary Group on Funerals and Bereavement, the Federation is a member and should you have issues you wish to have raised with the government please contact [email protected]
- Cremation and Burial Communications and Education 2023, the preeminent annual learning event for Councillors, Managers and all those involved in our sector will be delivered with our partners the Cremation Society in Southampton in June 2023.
- Joint one-day seminar, with our partners the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management, Cremation Society and Association of Private Cemeteries and Crematoria hold a one-day training seminar with reduced attendance costs for members.
- Centres of Excellence, the provision has been increased from two to three in Scotland with the first site in England, due to be launched in 2023, to make training more accessible to members.
It is clear that 2023 will be a busy year for Cremation and Burial Authorities and the Federation will be here to continue supporting you and all its members.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us.