Update: Guidance on Managing a Funeral
Public Health England and the Department of Health & Social Care have issued updated guidance for managing a funeral during the coronavirus pandemic. This revised guidance applies in England from 17 May 2021.
This has been updated in line with the following amendments:
- Move from capacity limit of 30 at a funeral to no numerical maximum but rather limits defined by the risk assessment of the venue, based on enabling social distancing between attendees including staff
- Changes to social distancing advice to reflect the move to risk based approach for individuals
- Organisers therefore need to enable social distancing as opposed to ensuring social distancing and this should be reflected in seating arrangements
- clinically extremely vulnerable people are able to attend funerals and should take the risks into their own hands
- Commemorative events increasing to 30 people
- Changes to singing advice
- Changes to enforcement advice including removal of reference to a £10,000 fixed penalty notice as a means of enforcement for high attendance at a funeral
You can read the updated guidance here.