Winter Fuel Crisis 2022
The Deceased Management Advisory Group (DMAG) has been informed of the following regarding potential energy shortages this coming winter:
- The margins of available gas/electricity may be tight; however, the government has taken all available steps with providers, including extra supplies, and have planned for all outcomes.
- Reasonable worst case scenario planning has been undertaken, but it is up to all sectors to prepare their own resilience plans.
- The following is based on the reasonable worst case scenario planning, they are not predictions:
- Gas – there may be an impact on ‘industrial heavy gas users’, of which there are 2,600 across the UK. Crematoria do not fall into this category, so it is not anticipated that there will be gas ‘outages’ for crematoria.
- Electricity – gas generated electricity will have to be cut back. It is anticipated that during 20 days over 2months, 35% of customers could be affected at any one time.
- Electricity will be switched off for 2 – 4 hours on a rolling basis, predominantly during the evening. But it could be at other times and for longer periods.
Find out more, including tips to combat any issues >